Does seeing these job titles make your heart go pitter-patter? WELL! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé, a cover letter that will win us over (in the body of the email, please!), and links to your social media. All the deets below…
MARKETING AND WEB PROJECT-MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE
Of a Kind is hiring a full-time, NYC-based marketing and web project-management associate to oversee all marketing and web-development initiatives and to track their success. This person will work closely with the founders and the rest of the Of a Kind team, along with our dev agency.
- Concepting, building, and executing marketing initiatives across digital platforms, including website, newsletter, and social media channels.
- Managing website-development projects, from new initiatives to bug fixes and maintenance, working directly with dev agency.
- Coordinating with founders, developers, editor, buyer, web assistant, and customer service to ensure that features are prioritized and launched on schedule.
- Building and maintaining marketing calendar.
- Tracking the success of website, newsletter, and social media efforts, producing weekly and monthly analytics reports and providing accompanying analysis.
- Running A/B tests across newsletter, social, and paid-marketing channels to finetune programs.
- Researching and onboarding new marketing vendors and partners.
- Overseeing marketing component of in-person events.
- Developing a framework for measuring the success of web improvements over time.
- Fielding sample- and image-requests from PR agency and tracking press coverage.
- Working with Bed Bath & Beyond marketing team to coordinate promotion of Of a Kind on BBB channels.
- Passion for Of a Kind
- Kindness, sense of humor, and positive attitude
- Extreme attention to detail
- Supreme organization and project-management skills
- Ability to prioritize and to manage an ever-evolving to-do list
- Strong grasp of the Of a Kind audience and brand
- Stellar interpersonal and communication skills, including top-notch email manner
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook advertising, basic HTML and CSS, email marketing, and all relevant social media platforms
- Analytical know-how, including Excel and model-building savvy
- Confidence to tackle any project
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Self-motivation and interest in building processes from the ground up
- Dedication, passion, and drive
Of a Kind is looking for interns who are on the ball, sharp as a tack, and seriously hard-working. Is that you? We’re hiring part-time, NYC-based interns who have interest and experience in operations, marketing, buying, social media, editorial, and/or graphic design.
Supporting a small, hard-working, super-dedicated team.
Contributing to Of a Kind’s marketing, social media, editorial, PR, customer support, and design efforts.
Performing operational and office-management functions.
Assisting with scheduling, travel, and other basic admin tasks.
Available at least two to three full days a week, for a minimum of four months.
Passion and enthusiasm for Of a Kind, emerging designers, and startups.
Kindness, sense of humor, and a positive, can-do attitude. (Belief that no task is too small!)
Extreme attention to detail.
Efficiency in juggling numerous requests, both immediate and ongoing.
Stellar email manner and communication skills.
Ability to multitask, prioritize, and stay calm under pressure.
Confidence to take initiative and tackle any project.
If you’re interested, email email@example.com with…
+ your resume (bonus points if it’s one page!)
+ a cover letter that gives us a legit sense of your personality.
+ your 5 favorite emerging designers—and a short paragraph on why!
+ links to your blog, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
+ dates you’re available to intern with us.