Listen Up: Episode 33, Upstate Greats and the Greatest (Worst?) Breakups of All Time
In case you haven’t heard, upstate New York is goin’ up, so in the newest episode of A Few Things with Claire and Erica, we’re bringing you our spots in the Catskills and Hudson Valley (which are upstate to us—don’t judge). And since V-Day is around the corner, we sat down with Jennifer Wright to talk about her book, filled with the most epic, juicy breakups throughout history—and trust us, these are not your typical Cherry Garcia-fueled sobfests.
P.S. Have you finished Euphoria yet? We cannot wait to discuss, and thankfully we won’t have to wait too long–our book club ep airs on February 17th!
Episode 33 cliff notes right this way…
Let’s talk about: A guide to an Instagram-worthy trip upstate . . . and real bad breakups.
The post-listen link-dumpage:
On our itinerary for a weekend in upstate New York...
- Where to Stay: Table on Ten, Hillside Schoolhouse, The Lodge at Woodloch, Graham & Co, Stickett Inn, Hotel Tivoli, and the Roundhouse.
- Where to Eat: Phoenicia Diner, The Corner, The Heron, Gaskins, Bà & Me, and Table on Ten (again).
- Where to Drink: Kingston Wine Co. (say hi to the owner, Michael Drapkin for us!) and Brunette Wine Bar.
The couples that crumbled…with Jennifer Wright!
- It Ended Badly, Jennifer’s book of 13 god-awful trips to splitsville.
- Oscar Kokoschka and Alma Mahler: The original Lars and the Real Girl.
- Norman Mailer and Adele Morales: Attempted to murder his wife (!!!), which somehow no one talks about.
- Eddie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds, and Elizabeth Taylor: A love triangle perfect for Hollywood.