Listen Up: Treats to Put on Your Face and in It
On the newest episode of A Few Things with Claire and Erica, we’re celebrating unseasonably warm East Coast temps by talkin’ treats that come from your kitchen—more specifically, ice cream and DIY skincare.
EPISODE 39 RECAP
Our frozen faves...
- Grocery-store buys: Häagen-Dazs Caramel Cone, Vanilla Bean (the bean is KEY), and Vanilla Swiss Almond; Ben & Jerry’s Karamel Sutra Core; Talenti Coconut Almond Chocolate, Blood Orange, Tahitian Vanilla Bean, and Vanilla Caramel Swirl.
- Read this inspirational NYT article on a successful marriage between a small business (Ben & Jerry’s) and a large corporation (Unilever).
- Make ice cream at home with this Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker.
- Other frosty recipes: froyo from The Perfect Scoop and the milk punch from Prune.
- Scoop with Zeroll and OXO Good Grips—both great housewarming gifts, by the way.
- The best bougie ice cream shops: Ample Hills in Brooklyn, Van Leeuwen and Grom in NYC, Woodside Farm Creamery in Delaware, Capogiro in Philadelphia, Bi-Rite Creamery in San Francisco, Jeni’s nationwide.
- MilkMade delivers right to your door (check out this Saveur list for others that do, too).
- Luxardo Cherries are the ultimate topping.
- An ice cream that has coconut AND curry flavors: Vosges Naga Ice Cream.
Get all of Adina’s skincare secrets in her amazing book Skin Cleanse.
Easy DIY recipes: Mix shea butter with coconut oil for a lotion, or use a mixture of clay (or clay and baking soda) with essential oils as an easy buildup-reducing shampoo.
Breakfast for your face: the S.W. Basics Oil Serum.
Have a topic you’re dying to hear us cover? Got a question about a recent episode? Send all your #AFewThings thoughts to email@example.com.