Listen Up: Off-the-Rack Wedding Dresses and Taking Off Hair...with Lasers!
On the most recent ep of A Few Things with Claire and Erica, we’re sharing our tips for hunting down non-traditional wedding gowns (or as we like to call them: white dresses), and answering all your burning (har) questions about laser hair removal.
P.S. You’ve got one week left to read The Sleepwalker’s Guide to Dancing, our next #ReadingThings pick, which we’ll discuss—with author Mira Jacob (!!!)—on our March 30th episode.
EPISODE 41 RECAP
Our favorite resources for supremely wearable wedding dresses...
- Inspiration: Claire wore Juan Carlos Obando; Erica wore Kaelen; Thing Industries’ Bridie Picot looked amazing in a last-minute replacement; Jamie Stelter refreshed her mom’s dress.
- We collected some of our favorite off-the-rack dresses—and, hey, jumpsuits—to get you started!
- Cool bridal stores: Stone Fox Bride, and Lovely Bride in NYC; Bride in L.A.; Mignonette in Chicago; Sarah Seven in Chicago and San Francisco; The Sentimentalist in Atlanta; Hackwith online.
Getting the answers to all of our hairiest, follicle-zapping Qs from Andrea Young, owner of New York’s Beam Laser Spa!
- Understanding the human hair growth cycle will help you understand how laser hair removal actually works.
- If you have a darker skin tone, Andrea strongly recommends hunting down a center that offers YAG lasers.
Have a topic you’re dying to hear us cover? Got a question about a recent episode? Send all your #AFewThings thoughts to email@example.com.