Listen Up: Snoozin’ News and the Recipe for Killer Cookbooks
On the newest episode of A Few Things with Claire and Erica, we do a deep-dive into deep sleeping, but stay awake for the second half when we get JJ Goode, co-author of some our favorite cookbooks, to dish.
EPISODE 43 RECAP
On getting more ZZZs...
- Sleep-slackers: Read this Fast Company article.
- In praise of starting the work day later.
- More from the geniuses at K-Hole: “Sleep is the Kim Kardashian of wellness.”
- Further reading: The Sleep Revolution by restfulness ringleader Arianna Huffington.
Our friend JJ Goode dishes on what it’s like to co-author celebrity-chef cookbooks...
- Some of JJ’s masterful collaborations: Pok Pok with Andy Ricker, A Girl and Her Pig and A Girl and Her Greens with April Bloomfield, Asian-American with Dale Talde, and Truly Mexican and Tacos, Tortas, and Tamales with Roberto Santibanez.
- Kudos to Gabrielle Hamilton of NYC’s Prune for being an excellent chef and writer.
- On the struggles of cookbook-writing: Give a listen to this episode of Call Your Girlfriend featuring Deb Perelman of Smitten Kitchen.
- JJ’s other cookbook recommendations: David Thompson’s Thai Food and Fuchsia Dunlop’s Land of Plenty.
- Craving more? Get the Of a Kind cookbook by itself or as part of our Home Cook’s Kit—perfect for a housewarming gift.
Have a topic you’re dying to hear us cover? Got a question about a recent episode? Send all your #AFewThings thoughts to email@example.com.