Listen Up: Perfect Pasta and All-Natural Beauty Secrets—with Celeb Makeup Artist Gloria Noto
This week, we’re talking red sauces for your dinner and for your face! First up, we noodle on our favorite plates of pasta. Then Gloria Noto, the mastermind behind our favorite new lip and cheek tint, tells us how some soul-searching led to her own all-natural line of beauty products.
*But first! Our regular reminder to get your #ReadingThings on—next up is the very intriguing A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki. The diary of a 16-year-old Japanese-American girl washes up on a beach in British Columbia and is found by a Japanese-American novelist, whose name just happens to be Ruth. Don’t you wanna know more?!
On our preferred carb-delivery methods:
- 4:00: Cipriani Food Extra Thin Egg Tagliarelle tastes exactly like homemade pasta.
- 4:53: ...but if you do want to make your own, Erica recommends the affordable Amaco Craft Clay Machine.
- 7:00: If you’re not making Marcella Hazan’s tomato butter and onion sauce, we feel bad for ya.
- 9:47: Let’s talk canned tomatoes: We’ve heard great stuff about the Wegman’s San Marzano, and word on the street is Italian nonnas swear by Sclafani Crushed Tomatoes as the best for your buck.
- 11:36 Got extra broccoli? Why not turn it into 101 Cookbooks’s cruciferous pesto?
- 12:02: Or, if you don’t have time for that, the ROI Italian Pesto is the best pre-packaged version we’ve found.
- 12:18: Vegetti? Zoodles? We’re not sure what to call these (except not real pasta, obviously), but we do know to make them with the Spiral Slicer Spiralizer.
- 12:26: Once you’ve got that technique down pat, cook up Molly Yeh’s drunken zucchini noodles or Alyssa and Carla’s roasted, spiralized carrot, feta, and toasted walnut salad.
Our special and amazing guest, celebrity makeup artist and Noto Botanics founder Gloria Noto:
- 12:40: Get that rosy glow with Noto Botanics Multi-Benne Tint.
- 17:29: Need to jumpstart your Q4? Gloria swears by The Desire Map: A Guide to Creating Goals with Souls by Danielle LaPorte.
- 24: 14: Check out the rest of Noto Botanics amazing all-natural line: Deep Serum, Rooted Oil, Basil-Yarrow Mist, and Hydra Highlighter. She’s also got colorful glow sticks coming soon! For more on Gloria and her client/number one fan Shailene Woodley talking makeup routines, there’s this vid.
- 37:13: Other super-good-for-you lines Gloria swears by: Tarte, Vapour, 100% Pure, RMS Beauty, and May Lindstrom Skin. She particularly likes the mascara and foundation from Sappho Organic Cosmetics, created by the makeup artist from The L Word.
- 38:07: Oh, and she’s a fan of shoppin’ The Detox Market, too.
To advertise on our podcast, email email@example.com. Our intro music, “Butterfield East,” is written and performed by The Soulful Saints. Wanna know what other wonderful things Claire and Erica smear on themselves daily? Their full personal care routines live here.