Listen Up: Professional Enthusiasm and the Costs of Creating Fine Jewelry
In this, our last episode of the year (!), Claire and Erica are wearing their Professional Enthusiast titles out loud ‘n proud—to both tell the story behind our new #PEbyOfakind sweatshirts and to quiz fine jewelry designer Anna Sheffield on the cost of gold, expert stone-setters, and the difference between carat and karat. (Anna’s here for part two of our miniseries on how designers think about pricing—part I thisaway!) We’ll be back on January 2nd with a fresh episode—until then, promise to get in plenty of December R&R?
Also, if you need a quick break from all the holiday family time, then our next #ReadingThings pick If You’re Not Like Me by Edan Lepucki is for you! It’s adorably pocket-size and the perfect excuse to not go see that blockbuster with your nephews. We’ll be talking about it with Edan herself on January 16th!
Claire and Erica on an oral history of Professional Enthusiasm...
- Check out our Round 1 Sweatshirt—the first Professional Enthusiast by Of a Kind release.
- Our go-to graphics guru Colin Smight did the logos!
- The perfect cut and super soft fabric are care of Lia Cinquegrano, behind the colorful accessories line Thomas IV.
Special and amazing guest Anna Sheffield, who makes some of the dreamiest, sparkliest fine jewelry in the game (and is also responsible for the cool-girl hit Bing Bang NYC), on pricing the fancy stuff and what it’s like to shop for raw diamonds.
- Get your own piece of Anna Sheffield, care of our Tiny Black Diamond Talon Earrings!
- Never confuse carats and karats again.
- Curious where your diamond’s girdle is? This handy diagram is here to help.
To advertise on our podcast, email email@example.com. Our intro music, “Butterfield East,” is written and performed by The Soulful Saints. Wanna know more about pricing? Here’s how it happens in home goods.