Listen Up: Married Life and BTS of a Broadway Hit!
On this week’s show, Claire and Erica heard your calls for dating and relationship advice, and they’re delivering on the half of that equation they feel qualified to speak to some extent, i.e. being married. And! We have Dave Malloy, creator of the Broadway smash Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812, lighting up the studio with tales of cruise ships and fictional Russians. It’s relevant!
Claire and Erica on mahhhhwage…
- Wanna closer look at these Thomas and Chris dudes they keep talking about? The official Of a Kind Insider, husbands edition, is right here.
- Suze Orman’s advice for couples is generally solid!
- Claire’s holiday date-night spots: Upstate for oysters, and Blondies for wings. And, hey, if anyone’s got great breakfast recs in Prospect Heights-ish, Erica’s all ears!
Special and amazing guest Dave Malloy, composer, writer, performer, orchestrator, sound designer...and the mastermind behind Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812 on how he got started in the business of Broadway and what’s next...
- Wanna to know more about the The Great Comet (as it’s commonly called)? Charles Isherwood’s rave in The New York Times captures just how delightful it really is.
- Already seen it? Check out Beardo, a Russian indie-rock musical with music by Dave. And stay tuned for his upcoming musical adaptation of Moby Dick!
- Something else he’s excited to catch: Joan of Arc: Into the Fire at the Public Theater.
To advertise on our podcast, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our intro music, “Butterfield East,” is written and performed by The Soulful Saints. Want to get a peek at Claire and Erica’s weddings? Done and done.