Listen Up: All the Books We Can’t Wait to Read and Listener Mailbag!
One of the best things about doing this show is the very enthusiastic feedback we get from out listeners—and this week, Claire and Erica are responding to some particularly noteworthy messages they’ve gotten recently. We’re also chatting about all the amazing books coming out in 2018 that we can’t wait to curl up with. Let’s do this.
P.S. The Outdoor Kit is filled with stuff that can make even the indoor kids among us want to hang outside. Get it for 10% with the code AFEWTHINGS.
- First, a #ReadingThings alumni roundup: All-star podcast guest Tayari Jones’s An American Marriage is an Oprah’s Book Club pick (you can hear our conversation with her here). And when we chatted with The Miseducation of Cameron Post author Emily Danforth, the movie version was in the works—but the film has since snagged the Grand Jury Prize at Sundance! We really can pick ‘em, huh?
- The 2018 books that should be on your library list: The Perfect Nanny, That Kind of Mother, The Ensemble, Emergency Contact, and The Wedding Date.
- A big thank-you for all the surprisingly inspiring flossing tips. For #TeamCocoFloss, there’s possibly the niftiest floss holder, and for #TeamWaterpik, it’s all about minimizing the mess by waterpik-ing in the shower and with mouthwash.
- Getting married? Claire and Erica share what they would have done differently—and their favorite tips they’ve gathered as guests. (If you need more deets, you can hear further thoughts on registries and married life, plus read about Claire and Erica’s wedding days).
- And, since some of you are looking for a bite in Brooklyn, Golda, Hart’s, Otway, and Meme’s Diner are all heartily endorsed.
To advertise on our podcast, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our intro music, “Butterfield East,” is written and performed by The Soulful Saints. Our audio editing is done by Liz Smith, and we record at ShowBriz Studios. Can’t wait for C + E’s updated beauty routines? Have a listen to the original.