WORK WIFE

the book

We’ve closed up shop!
Thanks for being the greatest customers and fans a company could ask for. More here.

Stuff We Love

Stuff We Love

Frolic with the Sheep, Rabbits, and Alpacas of a North Carolina Knitting Mill and Farm

Stuff We Love BY katie nave freeman 09/24/2019
Cover alpacas
We dare you to name a dreamier place than Echoview Fiber Mill. The company's HQ, which includes a spinning mill, knitting operation, and design house in Weaversville, North Carolina (yes, that's really the name), is home to a team of phenomenal female artisans who make plush, handcrafted goods from the wool of sheep, angora rabbits, and alpacas, some of which live just across the road at the company's farm. Join Yoko Morris, head of sales, for our tour - and then stop by for an in-person one next time you're near Asheville. READ MORE
Stuff We Love

5 Places to Find Vintage-Furniture Gold in Greenpoint, Brooklyn

Stuff We Love BY courtney conway 09/06/2019
Cover slack imgs
It's not clear exactly how or when Brooklyn's northernmost neighborhood, Greenpoint, became a haven for all things vintage, from caftans to couches. But knowing the history isn't key for you to appreciate the mecca for so many pre-loved things, especially mid-century furniture. It's so thriving that there are too many spots to hit in a day - so we asked the very stylish local duo behind the jewelry line Lady Grey, Sabine Le Guyader and Jill Martinelli, to pare down the list. Here, Jill rattles off the best of the best. READ MORE
Stuff We Love

7 Crime Podcasts That Aren’t Just the Usual Suspects

Stuff We Love BY courtney conway 08/20/2019
Cover tertia van rensburg qys58hmcz s unsplash
If you keep an ear to the podcast scene, you've probably noticed how murder and true-crime podcasts have slowly crept (yikes!) to the top of the charts, and even if they give you shivers, there's something totally addictive about them. Aimee McLaughlin, behind the scarily charming ceramics line Object Aimée, has racked up a lineup she swears you'll thoroughly enjoy, even if you have to keep the lights on afterward. READ MORE
Stuff We Love

The Astrology and Mindfulness Resources That Help a Pottery Phenom Thrive

Stuff We Love BY katie nave freeman 08/08/2019
Cover slack imgs
The L.A.-based ceramicist Angela Chvarak Jung relies on her ceramics practice to stay grounded - but that's not the only thing in her toolkit. "Outside of making art, a lot of my free time is spent learning how to improve myself as a person," she explains. "I like to start my day with a run outside. I write in my journal, listen to music, and meditate. Spending time in nature is essential, so I go to the beach and camp quite a bit. I get inspired through conversation with spiritually grounded friends and notice magical synchronicities throughout the day." How can you do (at least some) of the same? Here are a few tangible tips Angela has picked up during her never-ending quest. READ MORE

Want to shop these
very major deals?

You gotta be an Of a Kind newsletter subscriber for access. Enter your email, and if you’re not already signed up, we’ll add you to our list. You'll like it—promise!

Black slash