WORK WIFE

the book

Free ground shipping on all domestic orders $99+. Boom.
Shop here. Plus! There's newness in our sale section! Up to 50% off.
Close

Hone Your Craft

Hone Your Craft

Make Your Own Easy, Shelter-Mag-Worthy Hanging Leather Plant Holder

Hone Your Craft BY katie nave freeman 05/28/2019
Cover image2
Analisa Jimenez produces the leather bags for her line Marloe in Long Beach, California, as sustainably as possible - which includes using up the scraps from every collection. Recently, she began hosting community workshops to help others make treasures out of what would otherwise be trash. When the owner of a local plant shop, Rolling Greens, heard that Analisa was sitting on a stock of leather leftovers, they decided a plant hanger tutorial was in order, and you can get in on the virtual version below. READ MORE
Hone Your Craft

How to Make Frame-Worthy Collages Like a Multimedia Artist

Hone Your Craft 05/14/2019
Cover collage 1
Sara Ritz has never met an art project that she hasn't wanted to tackle - and though running Freundeskreis Goods involves plenty of hands-on ceramics work, she de-compresses by constructing something else: vibrant collage creations. As she says, "Making them is quite therapeutic for me because I unplug my brain and just cut, paste, and see what happens." Despite her low-key approach, the results are extremely profesh. Here's how to follow her lead. READ MORE
Hone Your Craft

The Landscapes—Real and Imagined—That Inspire Soft Century’s Vibrant Textiles

Hone Your Craft 04/25/2019
Cover final sc knitpaint grp 01
After finding her calling in the wonderful world of textiles, Katherine Entis decided to merge her two great loves: knitting and abstract painting, with throw blankets and pillows that should very much be put on display. But Katherine creates straight-up framed textile art for her line Soft Century, too. Much like her early paper illustrations, Katherine's current work is influenced by everything from cross-country road trips to the not-so-natural landscapes in her favorite sci-fi and fantasy worlds. "If I start to feel stuck in a certain area or I keep repeating the same idea, I'll often go to a movie or a book for inspiration and really try to use a different part of my brain and see it with new eyes," she says. Below, some of her starting points. READ MORE
Hone Your Craft

How Learning Ceramics Helped This Designer Survive Her Morning Sickness

Hone Your Craft BY courtney conway 02/21/2019
Cover szeki ceramics 10
Szeki Chan, the Brooklyn-based clothing designer behind the laid-back, drapey linen and wool looks of 7115 by Szeki, always has plenty of creative work on her plate. But while she was expecting her first son, Cody, she found herself looking for a new meditative hobby to help distract her from her intense morning sickness. She ended up in her local ceramics studio and instantly became hooked - she even bought herself a wheel so she could throw at home every morning. Now, over one hundred mugs, dishes, and plates later, she's here to share how the experience turned her into a firm believer in the art of slowing down - especially while pregnant. READ MORE

Want to shop these
very major deals?

You gotta be an Of a Kind newsletter subscriber for access. Enter your email, and if you’re not already signed up, we’ll add you to our list. You'll like it—promise!

Black slash