WORK WIFE

the book

Free ground shipping on all domestic orders $49+. Boom.
Shop here. Plus! There's newness in our sale section! Up to 50% off.
Close

Get Outta Town

Get Outta Town

How to Make the Very Most of a Drive up the West Coast

Get Outta Town BY kiara mills 04/11/2019
Cover marionwild 1
For Katie Glenn, running her clay-and-metal-based jewelry line Marionwild involves packing up and taking the show on the road - and that also makes for a great excuse to get out to some wide open spaces. "Last summer, I had two trade shows: one in San Francisco and one in Seattle," Katie explains. "So my boyfriend and I went on a road trip, trying to combine work and vacation. The trip's 916 miles took us roughly 22 hours." Here's how the pair turned a long-haul drive into a summer vacay worth writing home about. READ MORE
Get Outta Town

An Oregon Designer’s Guide to the Perfect Day Outside—and the Nonprofits That Keep The State Beautiful

Get Outta Town BY hannah mcintosh 02/05/2019
Cover columbia gorge 2
Like so many native Oregonians, Kristen Robison, who designs the minimalist and timeless jewelry line Minoux, will talk your ear off about how great her home state is. To her, Oregon's inextricable connection between forest and ocean is tied to "a long tradition of working to protect the land and all it provides us. It can be easy to miss how this work has preserved things that make Portland stand out today." We asked Kristen to give us a little rundown of the can't-be-missed scenic spots for outdoor adventure and a little background on the organizations that keep this region looking - and feeling - so good. READ MORE
Get Outta Town

How to Experience Honolulu Like a Local

Get Outta Town BY tess falotico 02/01/2019
Cover pua ena 2
Tats Otake is originally from Japan and now lives in Brooklyn, but he took a pretty lengthy detour to Hawaii between those spots. His two-word explanation for his three-year Honolulu excursion? "To surf," he laughs. And though the accessories designer behind 8.6.4 has plenty of wave-riding recs, he also knows where to get the best ahi, art, and even breakfast burrito in town. READ MORE
Get Outta Town

How One Designer and Her Husband Keep a Yearly Travel Pact

Get Outta Town BY katie nave freeman 01/25/2019
Cover img 5747
Back in 2012, Lindsey Mortensen, who creates buttery soft recycled leather handbags under the name Larsen & Lund, and her husband Hrishikesh Hirway made a deal: They would travel to one new international spot every single year. So far, these two have covered a lot of ground, hitting Australia, Norway, India, and most recently Denmark (her all-time favorite so far), and she has four solid pieces of advice if you're looking to jet-set in her footsteps. READ MORE
Get Outta Town

How to Get Comfortable Traveling Outside Your Comfort Zone

Get Outta Town 12/04/2018
Cover scosha travels 1
Scosha Woolridge first sold jewelry at a night market in Jericoacoara, Brazil, on the same post-college backpacking trip would ultimately land her in Brooklyn."When I first started traveling, there were no smartphones," says the Aussie. "When you were waiting in line somewhere, you weren't on your phone. My mind had so much more space to get inspired." Her around-the-world journey in the age of the overpriced internet cafe has informed not only her art and aesthetic but also the way she still travels. Basically, Scosha is the one you want in your corner when it comes to planning off-the-beaten-path trips and finding authenticity. The key? Learn to let go. Here's how. READ MORE

Want to shop these
very major deals?

You gotta be an Of a Kind newsletter subscriber for access. Enter your email, and if you’re not already signed up, we’ll add you to our list. You'll like it—promise!

Black slash